Monday, February 9, 2009

Reading...

I've been without internet access at home since Thursday. If this spotty service keeps up, I might have to start paying for my own connection again. Or I could just hang out in the local coffee shops like the real writers do. But real quick (because I'm at work) here's what I read last week:

Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson
I got an advance copy because I said I'd post a review on the book's myspace blog, so more on this one later.

The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
You already know this is awesome. I have to say I was expecting a little more creepiness though, just based on what I had heard from others. Hurry up and read it if you haven't yet, Rebecca!

Jellicoe Road, Melina Marchetta
Took me forever to get into it, and then it was all worth it.

Nation, Terry Pratchett
My preliminary and very rough calculations (more on whatever that means in a future post) show that this is the award-winningest book of 2008. I can't promise that'll still be true when all the data is tabulated, but if it is, it deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment