Monday, February 16, 2009

Reading..

Tender Morsels, Margo Lanagan
Lovely reimagining of the fairy tale Snow-White and Rose-Red, brutal and gentle at the same time. I can see why so many people were calling this their favorite book last year.

The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Mary Pearson
I didn't know a thing about this book before I read it, except that lots of people were gushing about how much they liked it. And now I'm not going to give anything away, I'll just say that it was unexpectedly sci-fi-ish, which is rarely a bad thing. A girl wakes up after spending more than a year in a coma with few memories and the feeling that something is not quite right about her new life. And then she gradually figures out what's wrong and how to live with it.

This Full House, Virginia Euwer Wolff
I couldn't stop myself from writing about this one already.

Week's total: 3
YTD total: 18 new, 2 re-reads

No comments:

Post a Comment