Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This Full House, Virginia Euwer Wolff

Oh my god. ohmigodohmigodohmidog. !!

The final book in Virginia Euwer Wolff's Make Lemonade trilogy is finally here: This Full House! The second book in the series, True Believer, won the National Book Award back in 2002, and some of us have been waiting impatiently ever since for the final chapter.

(True Believer was actually one of the first YA books I read as a grown woman whilst starting to come to terms with the fact that I'd rather read books intended for fifteen year olds than for adults. At first I was skeptical of the quote on the cover that called it "transcendent," because how transcendent can a book for kids really be? But it turns out that it is, in fact, rather transcendent. So I stood corrected, and quickly read all the other NBA winners and finalists, thus leading straight to my current/endless project that involves obsessively cataloguing and ranking award-winning YA books.)

Anyway. To me, this is exciting enough that I'm writing about it before I've read it, or have even seen it in an actual bookstore. I'm not even going to look at reviews, because I want to find out for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Virginia is as wonderful a person as she is a writer.


    k

    ReplyDelete