Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Andre Norton Finalists

And there's more! Here are the finalists for the Andre Norton Award (for best Young Adult Sci-Fi or Fantasy book):

Graceling
, Kristin Cashore
Lamplighter, D.M. Cornish
Savvy, Ingrid Law
The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Mary E. Pearson
Flora’s Dare: How a Girl of Spirit Gambles All to Expand Her Vocabulary, Confront a Bouncing Boy Terror, and Try to Save Califa from a Shaky Doom (Despite Being Confined to Her Room), Ysabeau S. Wilce

Winners will be announced on Apr. 24-26 (same weekend as the Los Angeles Time Book Prize..), during the Nebula Awards Weekend (which happens to take place in Los Angeles this year...) Someone who either lives over there or has a plane ticket could make quite the literary/geeky weekend of it.

***UPDATE (cause I wasn't paying attention this morning)***
I hate when I'm an idiot! I was just idly typing posts in bed while waiting for some furniture to be delivered this morning, looking forward to a luxurious work-free few hours. But then the delivery guy came at the crack of dawn and spoiled my plans, so I had to type faster. But that's no excuse. Had I actually read through all the finalists and not just the YA ones I might have noticed this too, but fortunately a much more careful reader on adbooks has pointed out that in addition to the Norton finalists, two YA books were included in the general Nebula novel category: Little Brother by Cory Doctorow and Powers by Ursula Le Guin. Good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment