Sunday, April 26, 2009

LA Times Book Prize

Alright, so my parents had been visiting from California from Wednesday until a couple hours ago, and thus I'm super late in posting the winners of the Los Angeles Time Book Prize that were awarded on Friday. But now that I've finally heard who won in the YA category, I couldn't be more pleased!

It's Nation by Terry Pratchett, a book that's so deservedly well-liked, well-reviewed and awards-showered that back in February I predicted that it would end up the award-winningest book of 2008 (according to my own slightly nerdy and highly scientific tabulating system.) The LA Times Book Prize was the last of the major awards to be announced, so the deal might just be sealed. Final numbers and ranks to follow someday if I ever get around to finishing the number-crunching scripts in my little database.

The other finalists in the YA Lit category:
The Lincolns: A Scrapbook Look at Abraham and Mary, Candace Fleming
The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
Dark Dude, Oscar Hijuelos
Swallow Me Whole, Nate Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment