Sunday, May 31, 2009

Canadian Young Adult Book Award

Why is this so confusing?? I have been waiting and waiting for the results of the Canadian Book Awards, and supposedly the awards ceremony was Saturday, so I came online this morning eagerly looking for the results. Nothing is yet posted on the award page itself, but googling leads to this press release from April. I guess the winners were announced ages ago with little fanfare, and Saturday's shindig was just the presentation of the already-announced awards? I feel like I've let this blog down with my lack of up-to-the-minute results, but really I try. So, the winners:

Chanda’s Wars, by Allan Stratton won. And Would You by Marthe Jocelyn and The Apprentice’s Masterpiece by Melanie Little are honor books. I'm glad that's cleared up!

No comments:

Post a Comment