Friday, February 19, 2010

Andre Norton Finalists!

The 2009 Andre Norton finalists (for YA sci-fi/fantasy) are out!

Hotel Under the Sand, Kage Baker
Ice, Sarah Beth Durst
Ash, Malinda Lo
Eyes Like Stars, Lisa Mantche
Zoe’s Tale, John Scalzi
When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making, Catherynne M. Valente
Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld

Interesting that When You Reach Me is on there.  I never really noticed it was sci-fi or fantasy as I was reading it (even with all the Wrinkle In Time stuff!); it reads like a coming-of-age/mystery. 

Also, I'm just now reading The Monstrumologist (a recent Printz Honor book) and it's pretty amazing.  So far.  Maybe it completely falls apart by the end and that's why it's not been on any list but the Printz so far.  And yes, I know there're loads of awards yet to be given out, so I'll try to be patient and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment