Saturday, April 24, 2010

2010 Carnegie Shortlist!

Ok. The 2010 Carnegie Shortlist  is out.  Just in case you don't know, the Carnegie is the UK's big children's lit prize, like the Newbery in the US.  To be eligible for the 2010 award, the books had to be published before August 2009, so it's a slightly older group of books, but quite a good looking bunch:

ChainsChains, Laurie Halse Anderson
The Graveyard BookThe Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman
The Vanishing of Katharina Linden: A NovelThe Vanishing of Katharina Linden: A Novel, Helen Grant
 Rowan the Strange, Julie Hearn
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking)The Ask and the Answer, Patrick Ness
NationNation, Terry Pratchett
Fever CrumbFever Crumb, Philip Reeve
RevolverRevolver, Marcus Sedgwick

The winner will be announced on June 24th.  And unrelatedly, can I just say that I am exhausted right now?  Gardening is hard work.  Or possibly just carrying 20 pound sacks of topsoil one at a time from the hardware store cause I can't figure out what I did with my roll-y cart.  Things are looking sharp hough.  Tomatoes are now in the ground, peas are up, and so on.  I'm expanding from my two little vegetable beds into a bunch of other containers this year.  And I turned my dead bamboo trees into trellises for the peas.  It's underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment