Friday, May 14, 2010

The Metal Children by Adam Rapp

Did you know that there's a new play out about the banning of a YA novel in a small town?  It's true!   
The Metal Children: A PlayThe Metal Children by Adam Rapp, who of course is himself an acclaimed and sometimes controversial YA writer (his latest, Punkzilla, was a Printz honor book this year) and also an award-winning playwright.

I picked it up at the bookstore because I tend to pick up anything with his name on it, and when I saw what it was about I naturally bought it.  And then I read it and was like man, I hope they stage it in NYC someday.  And then I googled it and found that it's opening Off-Broadway at the Vineyard Theater next week! (Which explains why it was prominently displayed in the store.) 

So.  Who's coming with?!

No comments:

Post a Comment