Sunday, June 12, 2011

My kindle is costing me so much money. Also, the internet has changed how I read.  More specifically, google reader has changed how I read.  I follow a bunch of YA blogs and author blogs, and a lot of other sites too—science, politics, feminist, sewing, whatever, and they won't stop mentioning books.  And then, because it's so easy, I decide that I have to read whatever they're talking about right this minute and because it takes approximately 2 seconds to have it downloaded to my kindle, I buy it.

Here's what I got in the last week:

Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (thanks to Forever Young Adult.  Their review also helped me come to terms with my adoration of Libba Bray's Beauty Queens, which even though I couldn't stop talking about it, and turned immediately back to page one when I got to the end to read it again, I still felt kinda embarrassed to have loved so much.)


The Filter Bubble: What the Internet Is Hiding from You by Eli Pariser (due to my coworker talking about it, not actually the internet.)

Robopocalypse (Cause of the entire internet in general.)

Plus Consider the Lobster by David Foster Wallace (also a coworker's fault..), Feed by Mira Grant,
The Time Traders by Andre Norton (thanks to weirdo misogynists who say that all books written by women suck and those who disagree.)  And so on!

But then I realized that the library still exists, and it'll take me a minute to read what I've just bought, so I have some time before I need more.  So I loaded up my holds list and now, eventually, I can read for free again.  Fuzzy Nation! Zombies vs. Unicorns! A David Levithan I haven't read yet!  A couple others!


Also, I read Sweet Valley Confidential this week, and it is terrible.  Truly.  Not that that's a shocker, but I mean really.  I can't even.  It took a slightly heroic effort to even finish it.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment